HLAI
UAI
Videos
Books
Patents
Notes
Donation

Playing missile command using Human Level Artificial Intelligence

Note:  To make this website free to the public please click on an ad to support my sponsors or you can make a tax-deductable donation using Paypal (click on the donation icon on the left).

This video shows a robot playing missile command.  There are no sound in the video because I wanted to show the viewers what the robot is thinking while playing the game.  The flashing text and freeze frames are the internal thoughts of the robot and not instruction text for the viewers.  These internal thoughts describe the details of how the robot produce intelligence.

My robot doesn't use:  planning programs/heuristic searches (used by MIT and Stanford University), Bayesian's probability theories for decision making, Bayesian's equation for induction and deduction, semantic networks for natural language understanding, predicate calculus, common sense systems, first-order logic, rule-based systems, genetic programming, or MACHINE LEARNING.

In the game, there are 3 bases and each base is armed with 10 intercept missiles.  The robot's mission is to destroy any missiles from the sky and to protect the cities and bases.  In order to destroy a missile from the sky, the robot has to predict the future path of the missile.  Next, he has to calculate where the intercept point is.  The goal is to shoot intercept missiles to destroy missiles from the sky.

To make the game more difficult, the robot has to shoot down multiple missiles (about 20 per level).  His task includes identifying priority threats and systematically destroying threats.

To make the game even more difficult, the levels are based on the speed of the missiles.  The higher the level, the faster the missiles come.  Notice that the robot had a very easy time at the beginning of the game and hard time at the ending of the game.  The reason is because of the speed of the missiles.  This robot has human intelligence and it is very hard to think and act when missiles are charging at you very fast.

I filed patents on a super intelligent robot to solve this problem.  The super intelligent robot can slow time so that he can think and act faster than normal humans. This type of robot is kind of like superman, whereby the environment slows down and it gives someone time to process information.

People out there might think that this is a very old Atari game and building a robot to solve this problem is a waste of time.  The fact of the matter is that the military is currently searching for this type of software to control missiles to protect cities and bases from a nuclear attack.  Let's say that a country was under attack and hundreds of nuclear missiles are fired at them, their missile defense system has to intercept and destroy hundreds of missiles in the sky.  Also, their missile defense system has to work from multiple sites to destroy missiles from the sky in an optimal manner -- these military bases has to work together in order to take out the threat missiles quickly.

The difference between my robot and other missile defense system is that my robot can handle complexity.  You can add features to the game to make it more complex, my robot will still have the ability to adapt.  Through practice, it can get better and better at the game.  The end result is a robot that can protect a country from a nuclear attack, regardless of how much missiles are fired.  This robot can also do the opposite, whereby he can launch missiles to a enemy country to take out important bases and cities in the fastest time possible.  Or the robot, with the help of software, can attack a country and protect the homeland at the same time.  There are pros and cons to this type of technology.

Home | HLAI | UAI | Books | Patents | Notes | Donation

Copyright 2006 (All rights reserved)