Home
HLAI
UAI
Videos
Books
Patents
Notes
Donation

Robot Judge (Human Artificial Intelligence)

Note:  To make this website free to the public please click on an ad to support my sponsors or you can make a tax-deductable donation using Paypal (click on the donation icon on the left).

The robot is a judge and his responsibility is to deliberate a verdict in a court case.  During the case, the robot has to listen to both sides of the story (both, plaintiff and defendant).  Occasionally, the robot would ask questions to clarify certain events or steer the conversation in a certain direction.  These are strategies judges use to uncover the truth.  While the robot is listening to witnesses, his mind is creating a fabricated movie on words listened to.  In other words, he is imagining a linear story of what happened in his mind.  This fabricated movie is made up of pictures, animation, 5 sense data, and diagrams.  At the end of the witnesses story, the robot has an understanding of what happened through a fabricated movie in his mind.

After listening to both sides, the robot has a pretty good idea of each side, which is usually conflicting.  The next step is for the robot to determine what really happened.  He uses common sense and logic to rule out inconsistencies and ambiguous events.  He will ultimately create a truth story in his mind about what really happened.  Determining what is true and what is made up will depend on the robot's (the judge's) analytical skills.  Sometimes the robot can spot a lie by the tone of voice from a witness or from what they say, or from their facial expressions.

Well, determining the truth and fabricating a story timeline of what really happened is very important in a case.  Next, the robot will take the truth story and apply the law system.  Determining if the defendant deserve to pay for damages will depend on the law.  The robot will use standard logic taught in law school to create a verdict for the case.

I think we have to revisit how the robot fabricates a story in his mind from someone's spoken words.  As words are listened to by the robot, images, sound and 5 sense data activate in the robot's mind.  The robot's conscious has a computer program that takes these images and 5 sense data and create a make believe movie.  This fabricated movie is very blurry and chaotic (kind of like a dream) but the information there is enough to tell the robot what the story is about.

As you can see from the video, the meaning to words spoken are just images, arrows, and sound text flashing in the robot's mind.  Sometimes, the robot can activate 2 images and fabricate a brand new animation based on these 2 images.  Or the robot's mind can take a picture of a front view of someone and fabricate a back view of that person.  Thus, the robot's mind can make things up and can imagine "anything".  For example, i want the viewer to imagine something they have never seen before.  Imagine the president of the United states in a library, dressed up as spiderman, sitting on a chair, and reading a blue book.  Your mind was able to fabricate this mental image.

The remarkable thing about this is that there are no images stored in your brain on the president with a spiderman costume.  You have never seen the president with a spiderman costume anywhere (newspapers, real life, on tv, or over the internet).  Your mind is able to take bits and pieces of images from memory and to fabricate a brand new image.  This is the real difference between modern search engines and a human brain.

When i was making this video, i was using the image searches online from google and bing.  I had a very hard time finding images that i was looking for.  For example, i wanted to search for an image of a courtroom, a back view of the judge and the front view of 2 witness standing in front of 2 desks.  The search engines provided maybe 1 or 2 relevant images.  However, these images found are completely different from what i was searching for.  I wanted the picture to be in cgi or in realistic cartoon.  Next, I kept searching and searching and found nothing.  As you can see from the video, I had to find individual images and do some cut, copy and paste.

Using different search terms are useless because some things I want to find online are visual cues or motions or a feeling, which can't be expressed through computer text.  The goal of a person to search for images online is much deeper than just search terms.  You have to consider composition, color, perspective, media types, size of objects, relevant objects, focused objects, camera angles, lighting, dynamic poses, object actions, object placement, etc.  The current search engines simply finds images that exist online, but it doesn't create new images not stored online.  A human brain can do what a search engine can do, and at the same time, it can fabricate brand new images or movies based on data in memory.

Home | HLAI | UAI | Books | Patents | Notes | Donation

Copyright 2006 (All rights reserved)